Tips for Seniors and Retirees on Roselyn's Music Studio!
When Roselyn Marie retired, she felt a twinge of sadness – sure, she was excited to start this new chapter of her life, but she was also upset that she would no longer be teaching her beloved students music. (How quickly that changed though!)
Prior to Roselyn taking up private music lessons, she started a slew of activities to keep her and her husband busy. Roselyn Marie believes it’s very important to keep the mind and body active, especially as you start to grow older.
If you are a senior and/or a retiree, Roselyn recommends these websites to help guide you through your older years of life. (Older doesn’t have to mean less active or boring!)
- 110 Activities for Elderly & Seniors (this truly is the ultimate list of activities and things for seniors to do!)
- Roadtrippers | Plan your journey, find amazing places, and take fascinating detours – Roselyn and her husband used this website to plan multiple road trips.
- Red Hat Society (Roselyn joined her local Red Hat Society along with a few of her other retired teacher friends! They meet monthly for lunch in addition to planning many other local events and fun day trips! This is a women’s only club.)
- American Society on Aging (This is a good website to check for the latest news on senior health and beyond.)
- 100 Awesome Anti-Aging Brain Games (Online and Off)
- 7 Reasons to Volunteer in Retirement – now that you have more free time, consider using your days for something good. Roselyn and her husband volunteer weekly at local community churches and shelters.
- Golden Carers | Meaningful Activities for Seniors – While this website is geared towards professionals working in senior care, there are plenty of free resources and activities for seniors on their website that everyone can access. You can also pay for a membership for more access.
- Silver Sneakers – this is a great website to bookmark for all things health and exercise related to seniors. Roselyn Marie and her husband joined a walking club through this website.
- 120 Big Ideas for What to Do in Retirement (this is such a fun read! It’s on the website new retirement which is also another very good resource...and not just for those who are retired. You can plan for your retirement through their tools and resources!)